Friday, July 25, 2014

Fresh off the Cob Corn Salsa

If you live in or near Ohio in the summer, fresh corn is on the menu. Over the years it has been consumed at our table, mostly, on the cob. However, my children don't eat corn like I did so there is often leftover. I'm more a fan of reusing leftovers in another dish than reheating, but whether you cut it off the cob or use frozen or canned corn kernels, this is a great way to serve corn. I used cherry tomatoes fresh from my garden in this batch.

Corn Salsa combines black beans and fresh tomatoes to make a tasty topping to Taco Rice Salad or corn chips. For me, it's really about the cumin and lime-- I'll eat most anything with that combination. Try it!

Fresh off the Cob Corn Salsa

Ingredients
Corn-- Fresh, frozen, or Canned, cooked and cooled, 1 1/2 cups
Cooked Black Beans, cooled and rinsed, 1 1/2 cups
Fresh Tomato, diced,  2 large
Sweet Onion, diced, 1 small
Fresh Cilantro, chopped, 3 Tbsp
Fresh Lime Juice, 3 Tbsp (1-2 Limes)
Ground Cumin, 1/2 tsp
Salt, 1 tsp

Directions
Prep vegetables. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with taco rice salad or eat with Shagbark Corn Chips.


No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated & word verification is on to check for humans: