Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Owl & the Pussycat


The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
    In a beautiful pea green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
    Wrapped up in a five pound note. 
by Edward Lear from "The Owl and the Pussycat"

Some friends make me think of this poem. I'm not exactly sure why so I thought about it as these lines  once again burbled in my being with yet another friend's departure. Here goes.

Have you ever met someone who reminded you of say someone back home or someone you used to work with? Maybe it's because I have moved too many times, but I have noticed that there are new friends that remind me of old friends.

Some of my friends share a sense of humor without ever knowing each other. Some are similarly kind-hearted. Some make me think of "They danced by the light of the moon."

I think it's our odd pairing that fits like a glove. I'm damned lucky to have so many friends that make me think of the owl and the pussycat. Next time you're wondering what I'm mumbling to myself when we say goodbye, you'll know.


And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
    They danced by the light of the moon,
          The moon,
          The moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated & word verification is on to check for humans: