Friday, July 26, 2013

Vacation

Vacation prep makes me want to stay home. Packing bags, looking for random phone chargers, teabags, and swim gear, and making arrangements for time away feels like the straw that broke the  camel's back. Maybe I just like my work, my everyday routines. Maybe there is already enough to do?

If only the inevitable pile of post vacation laundry or the fugue where you aren't on vacation but aren't exactly home either could be avoided. Then there is all that food-- excessive amounts and too many extra calories.

Anh. We end up happy to be away from routines, even me-- books to read, beaches to explore, and people to see. Transitions just aren't my favorite.

I thought this illustration by Blanca Gomez captured the off to vacation sprint.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated & word verification is on to check for humans: