Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Inside Llewyn Davis is a Song

Languid eyes stare out at life as if in disbelief-- life can't really be this bad? Except in a Coen brothers film where if you follow your dreams, crap will dump on you. I thought I was going to the movies to get away from the morose.

The funniest part of the movie was the cat or cats as several were used. 

Get the tunes. Skip the movie unless you're in the pits or the type to be uplifted by someone else's misery.

"... Bluebird by Charles Bukowski. That was a mantra for me. I believe the first line is, 'There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out, but I'm too tough for him. So I inhale cigarette smoke and pour whiskey on him, and the whores and the bartenders never know that he's in there.' And that's what the music is for Llewyn.That's the only time he shows that little bluebird" 
from NPR interview

No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated & word verification is on to check for humans: