Thursday, November 13, 2014

Granular

My husband told me of a new business term he heard used for getting into the details today, granular.

I know the term granular as it relates to wound care. Granular means that the wound has new tissue filling in at the base. In nursing, you're trained to look for this sign of growth.

Business terms like granular are co-opted into business speak because they have meaning somewhere else. As I thought about the word granular, it came to me that it has life usage too.

When your spirit or life takes a new direction, the earth shattering stuff comes from deep down and is rebuilt, not in one fell swoop and not on the surface, but at the base-- bit by crumb by bit.








No comments :

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated & word verification is on to check for humans: